Monday, July 27, 2009

So here's the story.  I went to see my doctor Tuesday July 21st and she told me she would be gone all weekend and if I went into labor her dad would deliver the baby.  I started to cry.  I just knew I would have this little baby by now but no such luck.  So Wednesday morning the girls and I are at home as usual and my doctor calls and says head up to the hospital and get induced.  I was both excited and scared.  I had never had to be induced before and was hoping to go on my own but excited to get the baby here and have my doctor deliver her.

Here is me outside the hospital getting ready to go in.

Here is baby girl Cowan which she was known as for the first 24 hours of her life.
Proud mama, exhausted!!!
Grandma Lori
Daddy, who thought she was so beautiful, informed me he wasn't sure this should be our last. 
Proud Papa

The girls came up after school and were so excited.  They couldn't keep their hands off  the baby and thought she was so cute.

Here is Mary Frances holding Lauren Elizabeth.  We decided on that name cuz Corb and I both loved the name Lauren and Mary Frances picked out the name Elizabeth.  so of course what does Mary Frances call her but "Elizabeth" .  She is such the little mama and loves to hold the baby and can't help kissing her all the time.

12 comments:

Janna said...

Awww, Dawn, congratulations to you guys! She is beautiful. Sounds like things went well and you are both doing well.

And seriously, who looks that good after giving birth? I'm not sure that is fair! You look great.

Tori Orgill said...

you don't even look like you had a baby! i bet there are sooooo many women out there hating you right now! ha ha ha

she's beautiful and just let corb know that if he wants another one...he can have it himself!! ;)

Allie said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am soooo happy for you! It sounds like your induction was a piece of cake. I hope you're feeling good now and getting a bit of sleep when she's sleeping. I bet that's nice having the 2 big sisters in school to give you a bit of a break.

Krystal Dooley said...

Seriously, who looks that good after having a baby?! You look great! Your baby is so beautiful too. Congratulations!

Waggoner Family said...

She is adorable! You look great! I will call in a few days and check on you!

Unknown said...

She is gorgeous! Congrats guys.

--Mark in AZ

srbushman said...

She is absolutely PERFECT! And you look amazing. Didn't you know that having a baby is a good excuse to not look your best? But of course, you loook like it is another average day!

I'm so relieved for you! Hooray! And she is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

She's beautiful Dawn! Congrats! And I love the name! ; )

Cassie Weske said...

She is sooo beautiful Dawn!! I can't wait to meet her! We are dying to come visit... our crazy schedule!
I love the name you chose for her! Sooo cute! I hope you are doing well and getting "Some" Sleep! Let me know if you need a break! I can come by and watch the kids and your cute little baby for a little while, while you catch some zzz's! I remember how it goes and it's hard without sleep!

Always,
Cassie Jo

Melissa Schrupp said...

It's hard to remember they were ever that small! What a precious baby girl. CONGRATULATIONS

Corbin and Amy said...

Dawn...you and Corbin sure make some BEAUTIFUL children!! I'm so glad she is here and healthy.

traske.melissa said...

dawn, congrats on your cute baby girl. we got the message from corbin and i hope that all is going well!! keep posting so we can see your cute family.